We understand that data and consumer insight is the currency of the 21st century. Understanding our audience’s needs, behaviors and preferences are all critical to maintaining Quinnipiac’s strong growth trajectory with a vision of building greater national prominence and global reach. While many varied external influences have intensified competition within higher education, Quinnipiac’s brand and positioning are strong and we seek to continue to build on our clear strategy through effective marketing communications that demonstrates our value proposition.
The highly-skilled Art Director will be the visionary force behind all of Quinnipiac University’s creative elements. The Art Director will be involved in every step of the creative process – from conceptualization to execution. He/she will inspire and lead the creative team to deliver extraordinary creative in order to elevate the university to a nationally recognized higher education brand. Reporting to the VP, Brand Strategy & Integrated Communications, the Art Director will communicate and execute on-brand, innovative creative work across all university channels. The Art Director must be able to clearly communicate their vision with a keen ability to bring their concepts to life – on time and within budget.
The Office of Brand Strategy & Integrated Communications within Quinnipiac University is responsible for brand and marketing communications strategy, planning, execution and reporting across all University communications channels. The work of the Office of Brand Strategy & Integrated Communications is segmented into four core functions:
1. University Brand Strategy, Identity, Awareness and Communications Governance
2. Marketing & Communications Planning and Execution
3. Marketing Communications Consulting Services
4. Creative Services (editorial, design, photography, video, creative production, etc.)
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a thriving private university in Connecticut located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students in 58 undergraduate and more than 20 graduate programs of study in its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.quinnipiac.edu
• Establish a high level of design and aesthetic excellence that will enhance and elevate the university’s brand
• Supervise and mentor the internal design team by providing creative inspiration, constructive criticism and a continuous learning environment
• Lead the design team in the ideation, creation and production of innovative and impactful marketing materials that are aligned with the university’s strategy
• Ensure brand guidelines are adhered across all channels, including print, digital, signage and merchandising
• Work collaboratively with the entire creative team, including copy writers, digital and social teams to generate clear ideas, concepts and designs that meet individual project goals
• Assist in all aspects of creative execution, including hands-on design assistance as needed
• Deliver creative projects by executing the work yourself or by working with team members to bring your vision to life
• Direct the overall creative vision of publications, including Quinnipiac Magazine
• Collaborate with the Senior Producer to determine budgets, vendor selection and time-lines. Consistently deliver projects on-time and within budget
• Demonstrate the ability to work in various forms of media, including a working knowledge of print/digital production and photography
• Hire, lead and direct freelance designers, photographers, illustrators and outside creative agencies (as necessary), including development of creative briefs
• Review and approve designs, artwork, photography and other graphics developed by internal staff and external vendors
• Team player with strong communication and presentation skills who is able to simultaneously manage multiple projects
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Code: 2017-2127
Software Powered by iCIMS