The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications at Quinnipiac University, has an exciting opportunity for an Art Director to join their growing team. This is a highly visible business function within the university and will lead the university's design team to promote the university and its program to state, regional, national and international audiences. The Art Director role will aspire to advance the brand and creative service standards across all communication channels. In this role, the Art Director will work cross-functionally with team members to elevate the university’s creative positioning, while maximizing our marketing efforts across brand marketing, video, digital, print, websites, social media, paid advertising, marketing collateral, photography, publications, campus signage, branded merchandise, emails, websites, mobile sites, apps and other branded experiences. The ideal candidate will demonstrate creativity and vision, a strong design aesthetic and an ability to articulate a clear, creative style.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing Operations, the Art Director will collaborate with Senior Producer and Senior Directors to provide creative design oversight.
Office of Integrated Marketing Communications Overview:
The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications is responsible for university-wide brand and marketing communications strategy, planning, execution and reporting across all university communications channels. The scope of responsibility is segmented into the following five core functions:
1. Brand Strategy, Identity, Apparel/Merchandise & Licensing, Communications Governance
2. Marketing Communications Planning and Execution
3. Schools Marketing Communications Planning and Execution
4. Digital Experience Planning & Production
5. University Creative Services
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
• Provide creative guidance to in-house creative service team (incl. design, editorial, photography and video) and marketing teams in delivering a consistent brand experience to all audiences
• Mentor the graphic designer to ensure that all work is high quality, purposeful and on brand while fostering a learning environment
• Lead creative strategy to clarify value proposition and enable competitive differentiation resulting in measured improvements in brand equity
• Ensure brand guidelines are adhered across all channels, including print, digital, signage and merchandising
• Assist in all aspects of creative development execution, including hands-on design and execution as needed
• Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, etc of in-house team
• Conceptualize innovative creative ideas and executions that demonstrate the power of design to differentiate the university
• Oversee technical production of creative and assets
• Work collaboratively with creative services team (including writers, digital and social ideas to generate ideas, concepts and designs that deliver solutions on projects
• As needed, work with Brand and Schools Marketing Directors, provide creative inspiration for launches and special events (e.g. Plaid Day, Live Stream Events, etc).
• Provide creative guidance for university photo shoots
• Manage university brand identity assets, including documentation and governance
• Offer creative design guidance on publications including QU Magazine and The Annual Report
• Serve in an advisory role on projects with creative partner agencies and production vendors to ensure creative deliverables are on brand and of high quality
• Seek inspiration beyond higher education with a vision for industry innovation and leverage industry benchmarks and develops standards for all creative services and brand communications.
• As needed, offer creative guidance and mentorship with Temporary/Freelance designers, photographers, illustrators and external vendors
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Code: 2017-2359