The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications at Quinnipiac University has an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Manager to maintain the voice of Quinnipiac University on its flagship and other key social media channels. Reporting to the Associate Director of Live Communications, the Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a content calendar and creating and publishing content across key platforms — including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, parts of the QU.edu site and digital signage located across the university’s three campuses.
About The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications:
The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications is responsible for university-wide brand and marketing communications strategy, planning, execution and reporting across all university communications channels. The scope of responsibility is segmented into the following five core functions:
1. Brand Strategy, Identity, Apparel/Merchandise & Licensing, Communications Governance
2. Brand Marketing Communications Planning and Execution
3. Schools Marketing Communications Planning and Execution
4. Digital Experience Planning & Production
5. University Creative Services
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
• Partner with Associate Director of Live Communications to develop and optimize social media communications strategies
• Plan and maintain digital content calendars for university live channels and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, parts of the QU.edu site and digital signage located across the university’s three campuses)
• Create, repurpose and execute digital content for all live channels
• Capture quality photography via smart phones as well as DSLRs for use in digital platforms
• Event live-tweeting
• Maintain the university’s primary external facing event calendar (calendar.quinnipiac.edu)
• Assist Associate Director of Live Communications in monitoring social media performance including analytics, reporting, etc.
• Develop and maintain competitive analyses on a monthly basis including content activity, performance, etc.
• Become the expert in social media news and innovation; keeping current and formally sharing best in class engagement programs, platform upgrades or restrictions of note, etc.
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form. Candidates must submit work samples with their application materials.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Code: 2018-2423